This morning when I went to pick up Gabe after his morning nap I said to him "hi Gabe" and he smiled. This was the first time I could tell that he actually recognized me and smiled because he was happy to see me. Usually, I make funny faces and noises at him to make him smile.


We are still trying to capture that elusive smile on camera. We have a few pics of almost smiles and half smiles .... but I don't think we have managed to capture the full blown smile yet ... although this picture is pretty good.
It seems like these days, he is doing something new every day. It may be a new facial expression that I have not seen before ... and maybe will not see again. Or a new noise that he has not made before. His latest favorite thing to do is to stand up while I hold him underneath his arms. Even when he is tired and grumpy, holding him like that makes him happy, at least until his little legs give up or his neck gets tired and his head starts wobbling too much.
Comments