Pioneer Day W'end
Boy ... we had a busy fun filled w'end. On Thursday, we went to Millcreek Community Market. Our friend Amber DeBirk organized the market. So, of course, she was there and so was her husband, Billy, and their two daughters, Indy and Willa. We got talking and they invited us to their house on Friday night.
Amber & Billy live in our neighborhood, only about 1/3 of a mile from our house. We grilled fresh salmon just flown from Alaska that we got at the Market the night before, had a wonderful pasta salad with fresh veggies, and sweet corn. Amber and I also enjoyed a bottle of organic pinot noir, while the kids played outside on the swing/slide set, riding bikes, and jumping on the in-ground trampoline. And speaking of the trampoline, I was excited about it too so I jumped around and with the kids until we would all fall over and they all piled on top of me - SO MUCH FUN. After it got dark, we watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in their backyard while eating freshly popped corn.
Saturday, I took Gabe to the Aquarium. It was Gabe's first "play date" with Ethan, a son of a friend from work. Despite a few tears shed by both boys (while at the gift shop), the boys had a good time. We were going to have a quiet evening at home but at the last minute decided to go to Amber and Billie's again for another fun filled night and another movie under the stars - How to Train A Dragon.
Today, we went boating at Rockport. While Dave and Gabe went to get the boat, I took the dogs to Neff Canyon for a short hike. There are rattle snakes in most canyons around here but since I saw them at Neff (a couple of years ago) I am always nervous when hiking Neff and on the lookout for the snakes. Luckily, we didn't see any today.
We all got home about the same time, packed up the boat, and headed to Rockport. Justin went with us so Justin and Dave were able to do a little wake-boarding. The water was too cold for me (62 deg) but I enjoyed the boat and the sun. Gabe had fun too. We were sure he would fall asleep on the way home but he didn't. He still had energy when he got home.
On Monday (a State holiday), Grammie and Granddaddy Jones took Gabe to the cabin where he played with his cousin Elie, while Dave and I organized and cleaned downstairs. Gabe came home tired and happy.
It was a busy but fun weekend.
Amber & Billy live in our neighborhood, only about 1/3 of a mile from our house. We grilled fresh salmon just flown from Alaska that we got at the Market the night before, had a wonderful pasta salad with fresh veggies, and sweet corn. Amber and I also enjoyed a bottle of organic pinot noir, while the kids played outside on the swing/slide set, riding bikes, and jumping on the in-ground trampoline. And speaking of the trampoline, I was excited about it too so I jumped around and with the kids until we would all fall over and they all piled on top of me - SO MUCH FUN. After it got dark, we watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in their backyard while eating freshly popped corn.
Saturday, I took Gabe to the Aquarium. It was Gabe's first "play date" with Ethan, a son of a friend from work. Despite a few tears shed by both boys (while at the gift shop), the boys had a good time. We were going to have a quiet evening at home but at the last minute decided to go to Amber and Billie's again for another fun filled night and another movie under the stars - How to Train A Dragon.
Today, we went boating at Rockport. While Dave and Gabe went to get the boat, I took the dogs to Neff Canyon for a short hike. There are rattle snakes in most canyons around here but since I saw them at Neff (a couple of years ago) I am always nervous when hiking Neff and on the lookout for the snakes. Luckily, we didn't see any today.
We all got home about the same time, packed up the boat, and headed to Rockport. Justin went with us so Justin and Dave were able to do a little wake-boarding. The water was too cold for me (62 deg) but I enjoyed the boat and the sun. Gabe had fun too. We were sure he would fall asleep on the way home but he didn't. He still had energy when he got home.
On Monday (a State holiday), Grammie and Granddaddy Jones took Gabe to the cabin where he played with his cousin Elie, while Dave and I organized and cleaned downstairs. Gabe came home tired and happy.
It was a busy but fun weekend.
Comments