Signing ... and talking

Gabe is getting really good at signing. He knows a lot of signs and has been using them to communicate. However, he only speaks a few words. Those he knows, he uses a lot, like "up" for whenever he climbs the stairs (up or down) and whenever he want to get up on anything and everything. But in the last couple of weeks he surprised us with a few new ones. One night when I was counting the scoops of his formula ... one ... two... Gabe piped in with "thee". Both Dave and I did a double take on that one and weren't sure we heard correctly but then he did it again the next night. Yesterday at dinner he signed "cheese" and said "chees" at the same time. And today he said "tash" when he threw away his water bottle (which I retrieved later). Yet, he won't even try to say Jojo or Gypsie ... that's our little comedian :)

Comments

Stapletons said…
Get ready for the flood of words to come! Timmy is in the same stage and has just started spouting out all sorts of words. It really seemed to happen so fast.
He even starts singing songs we have recently sung on his OWN! Yesterday it was Peter Pan and today it was some song from Singing Time. So funny.
Today he also said "Daddy home?" when someone knocked on the door. FIRST time to put two words together! I guess this should be a post, and not a comment. :)

Popular Posts