Just another (fun and crazy) day

It's been a few weeks since I had a day off in the middle of the work-week. I think last time was in January and I stayed home with a migraine. So I was looking forward to a day off with Gabe. We had records high's (low 60's) for a few days ... but a storm was brewing off the coast of California. It held off til Wednesday night, though, and Wednesday morning was beautiful. Clear sky with just a few white puffy clouds, sun, and wind. I decided to take advantage of the weather and the day off and take Gabe to the zoo. And the best part, Dave decided to go with us.

Each trip to the zoo is a little bit different. This time, most of the big cats were taking a 'noon' siesta but we got to see some other animals up close and personal. The red panda was awake and walking around, and we saw the wolf. Also, the gorilla was asleep next to the big window so we got to look at him from just a few inches away. He or she is huge. We also saw black bears - they are always fun to watch - two cougars, five giraffes, a sleeping tiger, a black swan, and three camels.


While we were at the zoo, the wind picked up. By the time we left the zoo, the valley was in a cloud of dust. By evening, it got cold and around nine p.m. it started snowing. And this morning, we woke up to another winter wonderland. The whole SL valley was covered by a new blanket of snow.

Comments

Popular Posts